Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Photo of the Day

Hello, my darling readers. I am here, as you know, to share my love of photography with you and hopefully inspire your own love in photography. A long time ago, I heard a saying, "You take photos of the things that you care about" By some unknown person. I believe in this quote. I often take photos of my family, nature and different animals. Family is love, nature is freedom and animals are hope. I started my journey into photography with a pinhole camera. It sounds unusual, yes, but there is a point. It teaches the mechanics of a camera on a basic level. The first step was to gain the materials, which I encourage you to do so. The are 11 easy steps to making a pinhole camera.
Step1: Get an empty can of peanuts, or some type of can.
Step 2: Make sure the can is clean.
Step 3: Get photography paper and cut it in red light.
Step 4: Make sure you do not expose your paper to light!
Step 5: Cut a square hole into the can and paint the lid black.
Step 6: Glue a piece of aluminum over the hole.
Step 7: Use a pin and punch a small hole in the foil.
Step 8: Put the paper into the can while in red lighting
Step 9: Point the hole of the camera at any still object.
Step 10: Wait 15 minutes before moving the camera.
 Step 11: Develop the photo in a darkroom.
 Unfortunately I do not have my pinhole camera, but waiting for the photo paper to make the image of what it was pointing at was a big moment in my photography interest. On the next blog I will show you some of my film photography that I took while in high school. I have learned that film photography has disciplined my skill for seeing a photo before I take it and imagining how it can become a greater photo. Waiting to see how the film roll came out and the limited number of possible photos per roll, made taking a photo much more intense. You had to plan your photo before you took it so there were no wasted shots. For now, here is a photo I took with a camera phone.
This photo to me signifies that anyone can take a picture, it take effort to take a photo. The word photo has become a word of great meaning in my vocabulary, it shows the effort that each photo takes. It shows that each image can become a work of art if given a few extra minutes of care. I would love to hear stories of your first photos. Did you enjoy taking them? What do you mostly take pictures or photos of?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment