Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hello, on this Tuesday night, I am writing about my photography passion. To try to sum up my love of photography in roughly 250 words is challenging, so I will explain it in less. My very first experience with photography was in high school, I took black and white film photography. Black and white film fueled my appreciation for taking photos. To see your work come to life before your eyes is an experience. I used to spend all my time buying and using film just to develop it in a darkroom to see what I had created. Developing the photos was simply amazing, to see what was successful and what needed work.
My photography teacher had a black ad white poster of a photo taken by Ansel Adams ,a famous photographer. Seeing his photos became an inspiration to me, I began photographing anything and everything. I eventually was presented with the opportunity to teach a photography class of my peers as a senior in high school. I took the photo below my first summer session introduction photography class. I liked that I was able to incorporate the black and white aspect as well as the green hues. But patting my own back aside, Photography has mad a great impact in my life. In short, I hope that everyone has something to gain from my blog, whether it be finding a new passion or finding out photography is not their thing. I would love to hear from you and be interested in sharing work or banter.

2 comments:

  1. I found it very interesting to see how your love for photography started. Everyone has such a different experience with it. My first "real" experience with it was also with film. Working with film allows you to see how much really goes into it and makes it seem artistic. It's much different than the point-and-shoot style we're used to today. I think that your blog will be very interesting and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In my experience, film photography was risky, and intense. Those are qualities that I found fascinating. There was always the unique quality to every photos, even to several of the same prints.

      Delete